Bushido Kai - Dojo
You are now a Karate student with newly acquired discipline.
Presented here are a few guidelines that will make it easier for you to study
Karate in the traditional manner.
- Please take off your shoes in the reception area and place them on the rack or mat.
- Please SWIPE IN, each time you come to class.
- After you have changed and are entering the Dojo for class please stop and bow.
- As a student, please remember to address the head instructor as Sensei at all
times. Nothing else is allowed, even outside of the Dojo. (Sensei means "Ahead on the way.")
- It will not be necessary for you to acquire safety equipment, until you reach
Orange Belt. At that time hand pads, foot pads and mouthpiece are required.
- In the Martial Arts your word is your bond. Your integrity is an important part of
Don't break your word!
- When Sensei enters the Dojo it is customary for the senior student to call the class
- To prevent disruption, we ask all students to please stay out of the offices
unless asked in.
- Should your uniform come undone while in class etiquette requires that you turn away
from the instructor or your partner, kneel down on one knee and fix your Gi quickly.
- Your uniform should be clean and all tears repaired.
- If you do not feel well in class, raise your hand to get the instructors attention.
Never leave the Dojo without permission.
- Please do not talk to people who are looking in on the class or walking by.
- Keep in mind that you are one of many students. Be neat, and have pride in your
school. Show this pride by cleaning up after yourself.
- All valuables should be left at home or taken into class.
- Please remember that class begins and ends on time. Should you be late, observe
etiquette by kneeling quietly at the door and wait to be admitted.
- Training at least two classes a week is recommended.
- If you go on vacation or are sick, please let us know and your membership time
will be put on hold. This way you lose no time on your membership.
- Keeping your word applies to paying your membership fees on time. We rely on you to do
this so that we can meet our financial commitments.
- Dojo clean-ups happen regularly. At this time we give our Dojo a thorough scrubbing and
general repair work needed. Your help is greatly appreciated on these days
- Proper etiquette dictates that all Black Belts should be referred to by their last
name. ie. Mr. Smith/Mrs. Smith