- Karate ka will behave as ladies and gentlemen at all times, both inside and outside of the Dojo.
- Higher belts will help lower belts at all times, and lower belts will follow the instructions of the higher belts.
- Do not criticize or put down other martial arts or other martial artists.
- No chewing gum or candy while inside the Dojo.
- Each student will bow when entering or leaving the Dojo.
- No Karate ka will start a fight or allow themselves to be provoked into starting a fight as this could
cause suspension or expulsion from the Dojo.
- No sparring or Randori without permission of the Sensei or Black Belt.
- No swearing or unnecessary noise is allowed in the Dojo. Remember, the Dojo is a serious
place of serious study.
- Personal cleanliness is essential. Nails should be trimmed; feet and hands should be clean
and hair should be pulled back so as not to interfere with training.
- All watches, bracelets, earrings, necklaces, etc. are to be removed before entering the Dojo.
- All Karate ka must wear clean, pure white Karate Gi's that are not torn or ripped.
- No student is allowed to teach any non-member. No student should teach anything to any other
member without your Sensei's express permission.
- Your Sensei can suspend any student from the Dojo, temporarily or permanently, for not complying with the above rules.
- All students should refer to the head instructor as Sensei, which is an honourable way of saying 'teacher' in Japanese.
IF YOU ARE NOT AT THE DOJO TO TRAIN SERIOUSLY - GO HOME!
DON'T WASTE THE TIME OF THE INSTRUCTOR,
OTHER STUDENTS - OR YOUR OWN!