Your First Class
This page is presented to help you prepare yourself
before attending your first class. Please read it over, and follow the points
- Start off by reading over the info provided on this
website. The site contains info on how to properly tie your Karate belt, and
lists the Dojo rules etc.
- Women and girls should bring a plain white t-shirt to be worn under the Karate uniform.
- Valuables should be left at home or in your car. Jewellery is not to be worn in class. Wallets and purses may be
brought into class, but must be put in a designated area. Staff members are not permitted to keep
valuables for anyone.
- Try to arrive at least 20 minutes early for your first class. This way a staff member can show you where to go and
what to do.
- Please Swipe your student card in up at the front reception. (The black bar is down and away from you).
- Next Take your shoes off and introduce yourself to the front staff. Tell them that it is your first class.
We hope you enjoy your first
class at the Bushido Kai. Don't worry if you feel awkward at first, staff members
and other students will be happy to answer any of your questions.
Karate begins and ends
with courtesy and respect
for each other at all times,
inside and outside of the Dojo.